CAPTIVATE CHARITY FUNDRAISING SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY
Each Sweepstakes has its own individual Promotion Rules as well. In the event of a conflict between the Official Rules and the Promotion Rules, the Promotion Rules govern.
1. DESCRIPTION OF SWEEPSTAKES. The Sweepstakes is designed to raise monies and awareness for worthy charities by providing the opportunity to provide unforgettable experiences to those who participate. Participants can enter the Sweepstakes in either of two ways: by making a purchase in an amount indicated at the Entry Site, or by sending entry information on a 3×5 card to the address set forth below. Random drawings will be conducted at the close of the Sweepstakes entry period and a winner(s) will be selected.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Some sweepstakes are open to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who have reached the age of majority in the states of residence (18 except in AL and 19 in NE, 21 in MS). Employees of Captivate.org, Inc., the prize providers, and the Prize Benefactor mentioned in rule, and members of their immediate families, regardless of where they reside, are not eligible to enter.
Others are open to persons who have reached the age of majority in their countries of residence. Void in Sweden, Malaysia, Spain and countries on the United States list if embargoed countries. Employees of Captivate.org, Inc., the prize providers, and the Prize Benefactor mentioned in rule, and members of their immediate families, regardless of where they reside, are not eligible to enter.
See details on product page to see if sweepstakes are open to international or just domestic audience. In all cases, the Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER. To enter by making a purchase go to the Entry Site and follow the onscreen entry instructions and use a credit card to make a purchase. The number of entries you receive per dollar amount of your purchase will be posted at the Entry Site. You must have a valid credit card to enter by this method. Your submissions must be received between the dates posted at the Entry Site (the Entry Period). Unless alternative instructions are set forth in the Promotion Rules, to enter without a purchase, send your name, mailing address, day and evening telephone numbers, your email address if you have one, and the name of the experience prize sweepstakes you are entering on a form downloadable at the Entry Site or on a 3×5 card to Captivate: Charity Sweepstakes Non-donating entry, 8774 Yates Dr #320 Westminster, CO 80031 postmarked no later than the last day of the Entry Period and received within 5 days thereafter. Entries that do not comply with these specifications will not be considered. Enter as often as you wish, but each entry must be mailed separately.
If you make a purchase to enter you will receive a unique code. You may share this code with your friends. For every friend that makes a purchase during the Entry Period using your unique code, you will receive one additional entry for every entry they purchased up to your original purchase amount.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Within 24 hours following the close of the Entry Period, Captivate’s automated software will conduct a random drawing to select the winner(s) and notify them immediately via e-mail. Odds of being named a winner depend on the number of eligible entries received. The decisions of Captivate and its agencies are final and binding regarding all aspects of the Sweepstakes. The potential winner(s) will be notified by phone, email or regular mail at the discretion of Captivate. Winner(s) will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability and where legal, a publicity release, which must be returned within seven days of notification, as well as any other documents necessary to verify the winner’s identity and background, including but not limited to a background check. Travel companions will be required to sign a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of tickets. Captivate reserves the right to select a new winner in the event that the first winner is unable to claim their prize, and/or poses a viable threat to the prize benefactor in any way. Captivate reserves the right to require a minimum dollar amount of purchases before a random drawing will be conducted. If Captivate elects to set a minimum, the amount will be set forth at the Entry Site. If the amount is not reached by the date specified at the Entry Site, no credit card purchases will be processed, the Sweepstakes will terminate and the prize will not be awarded.
5. PRIZE. a description of the prize and the prize restrictions will be posted at the Entry Site. The prize description shall be deemed a part of these official rules and is incorporated by referenced herein. The prize cannot be transferred or substituted, except by Captivate in its sole discretion. Captivate reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal state and local taxes are the responsibility of the winner. If a trip prize the following applies: Trip Package includes (i) roundtrip coach airfare for the amount of people specified at the entry page from the airport nearest the Grand Prize Winner’s resident to the city where the experience will take place, (ii) standard hotel accommodations and a meet and greet with the Prize Benefactor with the named at the Entry Site. All other expenses are the responsibility of the winner. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. The prize value may vary depending on point of departure, travel dates and fare/rate fluctuations.
6. Grand Prize Conditions/Restrictions: Travel must be completed on dates to be provided by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omission of any third person with respect to the trip. Lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items once they are in the Grand Prize winner’s possession, will not be replaced. Airline and flight itinerary will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner and guest must travel on same itinerary. In the event the grand prize winner and/or his or her guest engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience, in whole or in part, and send grand prize winner and/or his or her guest home with no further compensation. If the Prize Benefactor listed above is unable to meet with the winner, winner will receive the remainder of the trip package without additional compensation.
The winner’s guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, unless the guest is the child or legal ward of the winner, or otherwise approved by the Sponsor.
If grand prize winner resides within a one hundred (100) mile radius of the site where the experience will take place (a Local Resident), in lieu of the round trip air transportation portion of the trip package, grand prize winner and guest will receive round-trip ground transportation of Sponsor’s choice from grand prize winner’s residence to the hotel and meeting with the Prize Benefactor.
7. PUBLICITY GRANT. Winner(s), by acceptance of prize, except where prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and Prize Benefactor and their designees to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
8. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION. The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Colorado applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in Colorado and where the relevant contacts are with such state. Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, the prize awarded or the determination of the official winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Participant further agree that in any cause of action, the Sponsor’s and Prize Benefactor’s liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall they be liable for attorneys’ fees and/or experts’ fees and costs. Participants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages and participants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor and Prize Benefactor are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, undelivered or garbled entries or for human, mechanical, electronic, network, or typographical errors otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and Prize Benefactor are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by tampering, hacking or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and Prize Benefactor are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the web site. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website, who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner[s] from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken using the drawing procedures outlined above.
Entrants, by participating, agree that Sponsor and Prize Benefactor will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
10. WINNER LIST. For the name[s] of the winner[s] send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Captivate,org, Inc., c/o Winner List, 8774 Yates Dr. #320, Westminster, CO 80031.
SPONSOR. Captivate.org, Inc. 8774 Yates Dr. #320, Westminster, CO 80031